Friday, September 19, 2008

I love being a "Western Family".


I really do. When I was growing up in Merced, CA the local brand was Sunny Select and I always hated it when my mom would buy that brand because I thought it was embarrassing. (How lame was I?)

Today I love nothing more than buying 3 Western Family packets of ranch dressing seasoning for $0.88 and good old Western Family sour cream for $0.99 and then mixing one of the packets with the sour cream to eat with produce sold by our very friendly produce guys at Macey's down the road. (They always give Nigel a banana to eat while we shop.)

The point being that Lisa Moore just let me know about the amazing sale going on at Macey's and Albertson's.

MACEY'S has:
  • beans of all kinds (ie. black, pinto, kidney, etc.) for .49.
  • canned tomatoes (diced, stewed, etc.) for .49
  • soups (western family) for .49
You can go here to see the ad to see what else is on sale. SALE ENDS TUESDAY!

ALBERTSON'S has a really great 20 for $10 sale going on:
  • Swanson's chicken broth for .50 (the other broth is also .50, beef, veggie)
  • Cream of chicken or mushroom (Campbell's) for .50
  • Spaghettios for .50
You can go here to see their ad. SALE ENDS TUESDAY!

Hearing about all of this hurricane Ike business and watching all of the stores close gives new perspective to emergency preparedness. It seems like it's not a matter of if something will happen, but when. Today is better than tomorrow for preparing, and these sales will help make it a little more affordable.

No comments: