Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza


I found out today that I am going to be out of town for business on July 17th. Do you have any idea what that means? Well, it means I'm going to miss Iron Chef: Cheese. I'm in the depths of despair & the only solace I found was in the fact that I could share my quick & easy CHEESY recipe with you via blog. So, here is one of my favorite appetizers or meals--MMMM it's the cheesiest!

  • 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
  • 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
  • 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces chopped walnuts
  • 2 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Place pizza crust dough on a medium baking sheet. Layer with Provolone cheese. Top cheese with Bosc pear slices. Sprinkle with walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Top with chives and slice to serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be gone that night as well...silly military thing! but i'll try and stop by or email a recipe :)

Lois said...

What? You're both going to miss Iron Chef? This is horrible! What will I do? Well, I know that July is a hard month (so many fun things to do), so we will miss you and muddle through somehow.

Besides, more cheese for me!!!