Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our Prophet speaks today.

A while ago I was explaining what the Ensign was to someone who hadn't been exposed very much the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When she found out that a living Prophet and other leaders of this church I felt so passionately about actually published something each month to the entire membership of the international church, she very excitedly asked what God had said to his children this month and I had to say, "I don't know. I haven't read it."

Ouch! Why did I take the First Presidency message in the Ensign for granted? There's always really great stuff in there!

I love the story by Louise Dickenson Rich that President Monson shared in his message this month. I won't give it away here, but I will highly recommend it and say THANK YOU to our home teachers for sharing it with us.

No comments: