Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"It mattereth not."

Okay, who else loved Dave Price's lesson in gospel doctrine this past Holy Sabbath Day? Was it just me, or were there a million really great principles in that lesson?

One of the principles came from Alma 40:5 where Alma is talking about the possibility of several times for resurrection. He said this about the possibilities, "it mattereth not; for God knoweth all these things; and it sufficeth me to know that this is the case - that there is a time appointed that all shall rise from the dead."

I love this bit of truth! It seems to me that this applies to all of us who speculate about truth. This could mean truth about the scriptures, personal truth that the Holy Spirit has born witness to our hearts individually, or really obscure doctrines that the scriptures and modern prophets just haven't said too much about.

I think the principle that Alma was teaching was that we don't have to worry about the parts we don't know. Focus on the truth we have.

One of my life's mottos is that there are only so many hours in a day and we only have so much energy.

Ultimately I place my trust in Heavenly Father and accept the responsibility to determine the things that matter and "mattereth not" for me in my life today so I can be sure to make good use of the time and energy I'm blessed with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! such a great lesson! Camille? are you doing the blog now?

Camille said...

Yep, I'm doing the blog now. Doesn't it make you miss Michelle!?