Sunday, June 1, 2008

On a Diet? Just Bag It--Let's Make Ice Cream

Looking for something fun to do tomorrow night for FHE? Combine the activity with the "treat." Your kids will love making there own ice cream & I guarantee you'll like eating it.
Ice Cream in 5 Minutes! This is what you'll need:
1 gallon-sized ziploc bag
1 quart-sized ziploc bag

milk
sugar

vanilla

salt

ice


Here's what you do:


In the 1 quart-sized bag, put: 1 cup milk , 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In the gallon-sized bag, put: 1/3 cup salt, 3/4 of the bag filled with ice cubes

Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag (make sure the seal is tight!).

Shake vigorously for 5 minutes. ENJOY!


(In case you're wondering....YES YES YES...this really works!)

2 comments:

Lois said...

We have done this before and it does work (but your hands get awfully cold, so break out those mittens!).

Camille said...

This idea has saved me 3 times now! such a great idea to do with things that don't take very much forethought for me because I always have all the ingredients on hand. Except ICE! I'm dying to make a single serving of ice cream and here I sit with zero ice cubes in my freezer. Don't worry. I'll find something else sweet!