Monday, December 8, 2008

Why didn't I think of that?

Jolly Snowman Faces from BettyCrocker.com

I love finding things like this that are refreshingly cute and truly simple. It looks like they used those licorice strings for the band of the ear muffs and lifesavers for the muff of the ear muffs, but I don't see why you couldn't do the whole thing out of frosting if that's all you had at home.

This is my mom's rolled sugar cookie recipe. Recently I found the exact same recipe somewhere online titled "The last sugar cookie dough recipe you will ever need." I agree completely.

In bowl add:
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups butter

Cream ingredients well. Add:
5 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Chill for at least an hour before rolling. Roll at least a 1/4 of an inch thick. Do not brown cookies.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

lisa moore said...

Those are SO cute! And if you don't want hard candy on them you could use the gummie life savers. We might need to make these for FHE tonight!